Nishkam Mental and Emotional Wellbeing service is here to support those with emotional and mental health needs such as depression, low mood, anxiety, loneliness and stress.
We treat all with love, compassion and humility in line with the values of our organisation. We also firmly adhere to the values of the NHS constitution treating all with respect and dignity.
We offer several different services depending on individual needs:
• One-to-one support in the form of a listening ear service
• Counselling and Psychotherapy
• Group sessions including wellbeing workshops and creative peer support services.
We have adapted our services in the context of Covid to enable staff to treat patients with post-covid syndrome as well as those indirectly affected by the Covid crisis. All services are currently running remotely.
We recognise the interconnectivity of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing in order to achieve good health, and we understand the importance of wider determinants of health for example poverty and unemployment. We work within the Nishkam group which has strong partnerships with other registered charities, NHS organisations as well as Birmingham City council. Within the Nishkam campus itself we have access to a number of services which an individual may need including but not limited to:
- Financial/benefits support
- Housing support
- Access to educational classes
- Employment and careers support
- Advocacy services
- Food parcels during times of crisis
- Multi-faith chaplaincy services
- Physical activity and wellbeing classes
This collaborative approach allows us to treat each individual as a whole person and to help them in any way possible.